Thursday, November 2, 2017

Harry Potter TRUNK or Treat



HEYO! Looking for a super easy, yet still fun trunk idea? Well stop in your tracks and follow the image above! I happen to be a pretty long time HP fan, so I have just collected a lot of things already that work as far as costume and care goes. If you're not already a big fan, it may mean buying or improvising some other stuff. Here is a run through of all the things I used for my Harry Potter Trunk and Slytherin Costume:

Backdrop: 
1. Black blanket
2. Webs I bought from Target for $1
3. Felt from the HP House you are dressing us as - I got the felt that is already sticky and just cut out the pennants and glued it to the backdrop

Stuff sitting on the lower part:
1. A little box turned over with the unwrapped HP books sitting on top
2. Skull from Tuesday Morning
3. Light Up Egg from a Easter collection from Kirklands
4. Owls - my mom loves owls and decorated with them so I just borrowed
5. Pigmy Puff from the illustrious Universal's HP World
6. Skull Candle Holder  from Tuesday Morning
7. Skelton Spider from JoAnn's Fabrics
8. Poison/Potion bottle from Tuesday Morning
9. Draco Malfoy's Wand from Universal's HP World

Costumes:
1. Dog Costume - ETSY, she did all houses but only for small dogs 
2. Slytherin Robe - CHEAP off Zulily when it was on there
3. Slytherin Cardigan - Universal's HP World
4. Then I wore a green top tucked into a black skirt with gray tights and black boots

Since my dog and I are Slytherin students, I just chose some things that looked a little creepy and I felt like could be found in the Slytherin common room or dorm room. Have fun! Side note: my car won Best Trunk at Trunk or Treat :)





No comments:

Post a Comment